WHAT WE BELIEVE...
To worship God, disciple the believers, fellowship with Christians, spread the Good News of Jesus Christ, and serve our community and beyond.
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of his will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons -- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate. Matthew 1:23; Romans 3:23-25; 1 Corinthians 15:20; 1 John 2:1-2)
- We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for Godly living and service. (John 16:7-14)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. (Genesis 1:26; Genesis 3:1-6; John 3:1-7)
- We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only those who receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and become children of God. Romans 5:1-2; Galatians 3:13)
- We believe that water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as a means of salvation. (Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-32)
- We believe that the true Church is composed of all persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head. (Acts 2:47; Ephesians 1:22-23)
- We believe that only those who are members of the true Church are eligible for membership in the local church. (Acts 2:47)
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Head of the Church, and that every local church has the right, under Christ, to decide and govern its own affairs. (Acts 14:23; Ephesians 1:22-23; Titus 1:5)
- We believe in the personal, premillennial, and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer. (Acts 1:9-11; 1 John 3:1-3; Revelation 20:1-7)
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead. The believer will have everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; the unbeliever will have judgement and everlasting conscious punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-52; John 5:28-29)